Join the LDA of WNY Family!
Current Job Opportunities:
Habilitation Specialist, Community Habilitation, Fredonia. Start Date: ASAP, Full-Time and Part-Time, $15/hr.
Job Duties: Model and provide instruction, services, and supports to participants in activities of daily living including shopping and meal preparation, personal hygiene, travel training, employment-related issues, money management, community integration, medical appointments, and any other skills needed to enable the individual to live as independently as possible.
High School Diploma/GED. Valid NYS Driver's License with a clean DMV record.
*Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays as the needs of the individual require.
Residential DSP- (Group Home) Full-Time and Part-Time, $14/hr.
Job Duties: Model and provide instruction, services and supports to program participants in needed skill areas and activities of daily living, such as:
Household tasks – cooking, cleaning, laundry, safety issues, etc., shopping, healthy diet and healthy meal preparation,
social skills, money management and budgeting, community integration (involvement/utilization), community travel and transportation, Health and medical issues, any skills needed to enable the individual to live as independently as possible.
High School Diploma or GED (experience in the DD/human services field preferred)
High School Diploma preferred; however, relevant life experience will be considered
Clean Driving Record
Community Engagement Program Coordinator
The Learning Disabilities Association of Western New York (LDA of WNY) is seeking a full-time, highly-qualified
Community Engagement Program Coordinator for an innovative program called “LEAD716.” This program provides critically-needed early intervention to preschool children in WNY diagnosed with elevated levels of lead in their blood.
· Enroll new children and families into the program via referrals and community outreach and frequent home visiting.
· Provide and oversee the provision of high quality, play-based learning experiences and instruction with children birth - 5 years old.
· Complete formal and informal assessments.
· Complete documentation and manage data collection via Excel.
· Provide families with education and support through the Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education process.
· Community Outreach.
· Assist with hiring, training, and overseeing Early Interventionists.
· Managing grant timelines and ensuring deliverables are met.
· Assist with other program activities as needed.
· Experience working with preschool-aged children – 1 year (Required)
· Licensed, registered, or certified by the New York State Education Department. (Preferred)
· Home Visiting – 1 year (Preferred)
· Supervisory experience – 1 year (Preferred)
· Master’s Degree (Preferred)
· Candidate must be able to pass a thorough background check, have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, own vehicle with adequate personal liability insurance, work well with a diverse population, and be dedicated to improving educational achievement and social and emotional well-being of children.
WORK LOCATION: Multiple locations (Child’s home, Pre-K, Head Start, and daycare locations)
We’re looking for a dedicated professional who wants to make a lasting difference in the life of children affected by lead poisoning. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position along with your resume as a single Word or PDF document.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
working with preschool aged children: 1 year (Required)
supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver's License (Required)
Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Great Employee Benefit Package including flexible paid time off, Health, Vision, Dental, HRA, and Life Insurance.